Friday, December 9, 2011

New Approach to Newsletter

It's finally here! We used to have a two-tone monthly newsletter that we printed in tens of thousands, but to get to the new dimension/the web, we made it full-color and PDF format starting this month. I was SO excited for this because colors give you so much freedom and fun. It used to be that our newsletter really looked like newsletter, so I studied fashion magazines and mimicked their layout for fun, feminine, modern look. After all, who wants to read something that not even the designer is excited about? So here it is, our new magazine style news letter for our consultants. *These are a few of my favorite pages*



The cover. I'm SO excited to have an actual cover page with topics.


The 5 must-have items for winter. This one was a huge hit. People kept asking for prints and e-mailable formats.



Utilizing page space on the PDF format...which is FREE, I can finally have extra pages for just fun stuff. Sometimes you just need that extra something which has nothing to do with the letter itself. I believe in beauty, not only utility. I LOVE to do bleed pages (photos that's stretched to the edge of the page) because it gives a very dynamic, dramatic look. Couldn't go without bleeds.

Anyways, I'm so excited about them, got great comments from the field.


"All I've got to say is that the new Leading the Way is a true leader. It got me so excited about our business and the fresh new way of doing business! Please thank all those who contributed to making this newsletter so visually attractive and informative."

"I loved, loved, loved it. Very impressed."

"I love, love, love Noevir's new online Leading the Way. Sharp!"

I'm thankful that God gave me an opportunity to expand my design and for my boss to let me have this freedom and take on a new project. Takeshi really encouraged me to go for it, and he always does, he is my #1 supporter. Work is fun again! Yesss!!

2 comments:

  1. OoohhWhoo!!! So proud of you my dear friend! Every page looks fresh and exciting. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dali!! Hehe...it is fun, I finally realized that if you're having fun, it's not really work any more ;)

    ReplyDelete