I'm so happy to post that finally my recent personal projects are up! I've been working on these for the past half year, starting from just drawing board to now a website & etsy shopping site (although it's not up yet, since I'm working full time and can't ship stuff to people). I've always wanted to make art that makes a difference in people's lives...and I have this crazy obsession with paper goods. Stationery, notebooks, cards...etc. So I combined those two ideas together and made a website. (Thanks to my hubby for the behind-the-scenes hookup!)
Bible Greeting is the website that I worked on. (http://www.biblegreeting.com) I wanted to make greeting cards with Bible verses on them, and it's hard to find one in Japanese, so I made my own :) It took a long time to figure out what the subject matter would be, what method I'd use, but at last I thought plants and flowers would do the work. Nothing too flashy, something lovely. I printed first batch of 3 types of cards and they are successful so far...
This one below is made for Breast Cancer awareness, in honor of Heather Faith Beyer, a former Angeles Baseball Cheerleader who battled breast cancer and went to be with the Lord at only 27 years young, leaving her newly wed husband of 1 1/2 years. Her faith inspired me so much, I wanted to do something to help. This one was a scan of my ink drawings colored with digital program. They are sold in person right now...and I'm stamping away to make pink ribbon marks on the envelopes right at the moment. It's a LOT. But it's worth it.
Thank God for these projects, these opportunities, and always, the most supportive husband ever. God gave me an opportunity to serve again, and I'm so grateful to use my little talent.


No comments:
Post a Comment